Golden City Practical Shooting Club reserves the right to accept or decline any Membership Applications.
Submission of your online Membership Application form does not entitle you to Membership. Membership Applications will be confirmed by the Club Chairman after your Application is accessed and approved by the Club Committee.
- Right of admission to Golden City Practical Shooting Club is reserved.
- Membership Applications will be reviewed by the Committee before final acceptance.
- A "no refund" policy may apply.
- You are not permitted to carry a loaded firearm(s) on the club premises under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Under no circumstances may you handle any firearm(s) at the, or in the parking area, or in motor vehicles.
- Golden City is a member’s only club, you are not permitted to allow any non-member(s) to handle or discharge a firearm on the premises. Failure to comply with this rule may lead to cancelation of your membership.
- No handling of firearms other than on the firing line under instruction of a Range Officer.
- The Range Officer has full command of the range at all times.
- The Range Officer’s decision is final in respect of all matters pertaining to safety and control of the shooting range.
- No firearms may be unpacked and or removed from bags on the range without the Range Officers permission and supervision.
- You may handle your firearm in any designated Safety Area.
- Correct and safe muzzle direction must be maintained at all times.
- Firearms may only be pointed down range or towards the bullet stop.
- You may not handle ammunition in any of the Safety Areas.
- No spectators or unauthorized persons are allowed onto the shooting ranges or stages.
- No alcohol is permitted on the range.
- Any person suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, or any substance or chemical with intoxicating effect will be ordered to leave the range.
- Eye and ear protection are mandatory.
- Cell phones are to be switched off and may not be answered on the firing line.
- The use of tracer ammunition is prohibited on any and all ranges.
- Range times are to be strictly adhered to:
Monday - Saturday 09:00 - 17:00
Sundays and Public Holidays 09:00 - 14:30
You herewith acknowledge that you understand, consider yourself subject to, and are willing to comply with all IPSC rules.
You furthermore acknowledge that you have read, understand, consider yourself subject to, and are willing to comply with all Golden City Practical Shooting Club rules, regulations, as well as terms and conditions of membership.
By using the Range or by being present on the Range, you indemnify and hold blameless the Club, the Club Committee, the Clubs Members, the Range Administration, Organisers, Officials, Assistants Agents, Employees and Sponsors of the activities or events from any claim, action, demand or cost made, or which may be made by any person including your estate and your dependants arising out of your participation, attendance, presence at or use of the Range. You waive and abandon any claim which you may have against any of the aforementioned persons arising from or out of the aforementioned or any other circumstances whatsoever.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Observing IPSC rules
All competitors and match officials must observe and comply with the latest published rules of IPSC. Provisions for not complying with the IPSC rules are contained within the rules.
Fairness and good sportsmanship
Registered competitors at an event must support the spirit of good sportsmanship by adhering to the IPSC rules and complying with all reasonable requests by match officials. No IPSC rules or reasonable requests by match officials may be disregarded.
Any disagreement over the IPSC rules or reasonable request from a match official must be referred to the Range Master. The Range Master's determination of the disagreement is final and continued disregard for the final determination may evoke further application of the IPSC rules.
It is not fair practice for any competitor of a shooting detail to refrain from making a reasonable contribution to their shooting detail with regard to resetting and scoring of a course of fire in order to conserve energy and therefore gaining an advantage over other competitors.
Failure to make a reasonable contribution to the shooting detail's efforts may result in the Range Officer or any other match official evoking the provisions of IPSC rules 10.6.1 or 10.6.3 should he/she deem it reasonable to do so.
Competitors may not employ any individual to perform the resetting of a course of fire during a match event, with the intention of absolving themselves from any of the duties expected of competitors during a match event. Competitors that have reasonable impairments for not contributing to their shooting detail's efforts of resetting courses of fire must inform the Range Master, whom will make adequate arrangements if required.
The Golden City Shooting Club management committee have set out standards that members and affiliates are required to uphold. These standards are set out below and not limited to:
- Promote fair play over winning at any cost.
- Encourage and support opportunities for people to learn appropriate behaviour’s and skills.
- Show respect and courtesy to all involved with the sport.
- Respect the rights and worth of every person, regardless of their age, race, gender, ability, cultural background, sexuality or religion.
- Respect and abide by the decisions of Range Officer’s and Club Trainers.
- Respect and abide by the decisions of the Committee, and in the event of disagreement or dispute, raise the matter in an appropriate forum and situation.
- Display appropriate and responsible behaviour in all interactions. (All persons are required to be in complete control both mentally and physically during matches.)
- Display responsible behaviour in relation to alcohol and other drugs. (IPSC considers the abuse of alcoholic products, non-prescription and non-essential drugs and the use of illegal or performance enhancing drugs, irrespective of how they are taken or administered, to be an extremely serious offense.)
- Act with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for your decisions and actions.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a safe environment.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a harassment-free environment.
- Compete by the rules and show respect for other members, range officers and committee members.
- Aggressive behaviour actual or implied has NO PLACE in the shooting sports and particularly at IPSC events.